Buying a home is one of your family's biggest investments. Attorney F.J. Kuo can guide you throughout the process from start to finish, and ensure that you avoid the legal hazards
surrounding real estate transactions that would threaten this investment.
For example, belew are some common issues that may need to be examined and resolved by an attorney:
- If the property has been altered or there has been an addition to the property,
was it done lawfully?
- If the buyer has plans to change the property, may what is planned for the
property be done lawfully?
- What happens if a buyer has an engineer or architect inspect the property and
termites, asbestos, radon, or lead-based paint is found?
- What if the property is found to contain hazardous waste?
- What are the legal consequences if the closing does not take place, and what
happens to the down payment? This question raises related questions: Will the down payment be held in escrow by a lawyer in accordance with appropriately worded escrow instructions? How is payment to
be made? Is the closing appropriately conditioned upon the buyer obtaining financing?